As a woman in midlife, you’ve likely experienced a whole lot of ups and your fair share of downs in a pretty eventful life. You’re wise, strong and resilient and have a whole lot of life ahead of you - new freedom and choices await!
- So why do you sometimes, even often, feel a bit flat, a bit disheartened, disoriented?
- Why it is hard to find the energy and the enthusiasm that used to be such a key part of who you are?
- Why is it that the things that used to captivate you just don’t have the same appeal any more?
- Why does it feel like you’ve lost your purpose, your way in the world?
I know those feelings, I know what causes them and most importantly, I know how to help you through them!
You’re in the midst of significant change, physically and emotionally
Navigating midlife, moving confidently and happily through this transition from who you were, to who you are becoming, isn't always easy. And here’s the thing. Society's not that good at preparing us for this stage of life! In fact, we’re often smothered by the media telling dire stories of the “Midlife Crisis” that’s bearing down on us, scary tales of losing our looks, our health and our usefulness.
But CHANGE doesn't equal crisis!
Change actually means new possibilities, new directions, new ideas, new adventures, the chance to prioritize yourself, to try so many things that you didn’t have the time or opportunity to explore earlier in life. Yes, you’ll need to re-calibrate a bit, you’ll need to manage your physical, mental and emotional health proactively so you can live your best life from now on, but that my friend, is definitely within your power.
All you need is a little help from someone who has already started the journey. Together we can create a positive new path into this next chapter of life.
Who am I and how can I help?
I'm Rachel Lankester and I'm passionate about helping women bust the midlife myths about what’s possible and navigate the often murky waters of midlife, so you can really thrive, not just survive.
I worked for many exciting but stressful years as a financial communications consultant in London and New York. Then an early menopause at 41, when I was trying for a longed-for second child, turned my world upside down.
I was shocked and appalled to discover the general lack of positive support around such significant life events as menopause and midlife. I spent a long-time floundering, questioning everything about myself, who I was, who I wanted to be.
I’m now in my 50s and after significant personal research and re-calibration, I founded the Magnificent Midlife Movement to ensure the experience is far more constructive and affirming for other women.
With more than 10 years of connecting with hundreds of fellow midlife women I now know, without question, that midlife can be a doorway into our most satisfying stage of life. Once we make the decision to embrace it, we can find that elusive 'more' to life that you may have heard about, but suspected was for other people…
My role is to challenge and support you while giving you the space to explore the myriad possibilities available to you in this next chapter.
Magnificent Midlife 1-1 Mentoring
This is a personalized mentoring experience that will transform you, getting you set for long-term health and happiness, as we build a plan for where you're going next.
- Work through what's holding you back
- Prioritize your midlife lifestyle for optimal, long term well-being
- Boost your confidence
- Discover a world of growth opportunities
- Banish limiting beliefs and any self-sabotaging tendencies
- Uncover a strong sense of personal purpose so you live a more fulfilled and meaningful life
I'll ask you to dig deep so we can work together to bring about real transformation. It's going to be exciting!
This unique experience is a blend of reflection, re-calibration, and re-energizing, and it’s personally tailored to meet your personality and needs. I’ve found there are definite steps that can reignite you and give you that sense of purpose, focus and energy again at midlife.
Some of the key areas we'll explore together include:
1. Reality Check: Getting Real About Now
We begin with a bit of an audit to see what is really going on in your life. We look at all the different areas of your life and we work out, where are you happiest, and where are the low points, so that we know exactly what we're working with, and where we can build your new life from there.
Think of this as the first coat of paint on your fresh new canvas. We want to get a handle on now so you know where you want to focus in our future sessions.
You'll get clear on where the blocks are and what you want to prioritize during our time together.
2. Reconnecting To You
Now we focus on reconnecting to you, because you’ve probably been putting other people first for quite some time in your life. Now there’s an opportunity to reconnect to what's important to you.
I have some wonderful quizzes and tools where you'll be finding out things like:
- What are your highest values now?
- What are your core strengths?
- Who are you as an individual?
- What sort of personality you have and therefore;
- What are the things that are more likely to light you up?
- What are the things that make you feel really contented and in flow?
- How to create a Joy List and have fun bringing it to life!
As we go through this process, you're going to feel your energy and enthusiasm start to rise again. Who do you want to become? How do you want to feel? This is the space in which to imagine your future and explore your passions. This is where the adventure begins.
3. Health and Well-being
Now we want to make sure that your health and well-being are exactly where they need to be. Menopause is just one part of this whole mid-life experience and journey, and I've got some great resources and insights to share to make this physical experience as easeful as possible for you.
This is part of our creating a plan that works for you, looking at nutrition, stress, sleep, hormones, moving your body for energy and flexibility and several other topics to ensure we have you on track to optimal health and well-being.
We’ll get you well-resourced and on track for long-term health and wellness.
4. Confidence And Courage
Now we look at your confidence and your courage, both of which may have been a little squashed out of you!
As Henry Ford said many years ago, “Whether you think you can, or you can't, you're right” and so we’ll get you plugged back into your personal power so you can do the things that you want to do in midlife. I've got some great exercises that will help this transformation as you grow into who you were always meant to be.
- Identify and replace any self-sabotaging limiting beliefs
- Unpack any stories you may have subscribed to that simply don't serve you
- Help you find and use your voice
- Empower you with simple tools that you can use in the moment to boost your confidence
You'll finish this session with an arsenal of techniques to get you back on the confidence train when it tries to make a sudden detour!
5. Bring On The Passion
This is one of my favourites!
We're going to get you to identify and work on a Personal Passion Project, because what I’ve found is that when you’re ignited in just one area, the flow-on effect to all other areas of your life is absolutely astounding - you just feel yourself waking up again.
I don't know what that passion project is yet, but we're going to discover it together and work out what your immediate next steps will be to bring it to life.
6. Building Your Magnificent Action Plan
Now we can put together your MAP, your Magnificent Action Plan. Because I don't want you to be feeling fabulous when we're together and then lose the flow when we’re not! I’m going to ensure you have a clear map that keeps you moving in the direction of your joy. Your personal plan will be built from everything we’ve discovered together.
- Leverage your strengths
- Align with your values
- Be woven from the things that light you up and
- Anchored in your personal passions
- Prioritize your health and well-being
- Invigorate and energize you
- And be balanced with calm, peace and a feeling of bliss
In short, it will be your recipe for a Magnificent Midlife, unique to you, with all the flavors of a life that fits who you are today and who you are becoming.
100% support, all the time
This is a fully supportive and inclusive program – if you've never experienced what it's like to have a personal mentor, you're in for a transformative treat!
How it works:
- We'll meet for an hour (in a private video room) or over the phone each fortnight for six sessions of 1-1 mentoring
- Between sessions you'll have access to me via email and private messaging
- I'll provide you with resources and checklists to reinforce our discussions and deepen your thinking as you build your toolkit to enable you to thrive
- You'll also have access to the Magnificent Midlife Members Club, which is packed with relevant and valuable resources and an online community of other midlife women, for six months to ensure you continue to flourish
By the end of this 12 weeks together, you'll have beautiful clarity on how to be your best you and create a life you love. You'll be well on the way to making that a reality.
I only work with a small number of clients at this intimate completely personalized level and your investment for this 12 week program of personal transformation is just US$995. A payment plan is available to suit your budget.
Are You Ready To Get Started?
Just take a few minutes to fill in your details through a short initial questionnaire by clicking the let's go button below, then you'll be directed to where you can book a time for us to talk.
I can't wait to meet you.
Your Midlife Mentor