Dr Louann Brizendine is the best-selling author of The Female Brain and is here to talk to me about her latest book, The Upgrade: How the female brain gets stronger and better in midlife and beyond. The Upgrade amounts to a celebration of how women can step into their power and an entirely new—and radically positive—understanding of aging.
We talk about:
- Why Louann wrote The Upgrade
- How our brains get stronger and better as we age and especially after menopause
- How menopause impacts our brains
- What the post menopause (upgrade) brain changes enable us to do
- How women can sometimes sabotage the upgrade
- How life gets better for women with each passing decade
- What we need to make the most of the upgrade
- The impact of stress on older women
- How to upgrade the gut brain team
- The importance of social connection
- Embracing the wisdom and power of the upgrade
Find more about Louann:
Louann’s website: louannbrizendine.com
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!