Episode 102: Why women stay after betrayal with Anne Michaud
Anne Michaud is a veteran political journalist who reported for the Wall Street Journal and Newsday. She was named columnist of the year by the New York News Publishers Association. She recently published a new edition of her book Why They Stay: Sex scandals, deals, and hidden agendas of eight political wives. It’s a riveting read! It’s fascinating to explore the similarities and differences between how political wives behave and the rest of us!
We talk about:
- Why Anne chose to update her book
- The common traits of women who stay in marriages after husbands have cheated
- Why Elizabeth Woodville is the perfect embodiment of these common traits
- The British couple Anne included in the book and why she specifically included them
- How the behaviors of these wives have changed over the years
- How the Trumps are different to everybody that Anne had previously researched
- Who most surprised Anne amongst the couples she researched
- What motivated Anne to write this book
- The parallels and differences between political and non-political wives
Find more about Anne:
Anne’s website: annemichaud.com
Anne’s latest book: Why They Stay
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!