Episode 118: The magic of menopause with Darcey Steinke (Re-Release)
This interview was transformational for me! I was so excited to interview Darcey Steinke, author of Flash Count Diary. I loved her book and so many of her thoughts about menopause are similar to mine. It was wonderful to find a kindred spirit whose overall impression of menopause is so positive. Darcey was the first guest to make me cry!
We talk about:
- Darcey’s fascination with her hot flashes
- How the book is about so many different things about midlife and menopause
- How menopause can be a struggle but there is lots of richness to gain
- Darcey’s startling realizations about the menopausal transition
- How Darcey managed her own menopause symptoms and what helped most
- How we may be more like our pre-pubescent selves post menopause
- How we may live more of our lives being infertile than fertile
- The tyranny of estrogen and what it’s like to finally be free of it
- Fertility, menopause and the patriarchy
- Appearance, visibility and the power of female friends
- Calling out ageism especially at work
- Anger and the lifting of the complicity veil
- The marvels of whales and menopause
- The evolutionary reason for menopause
- How misogyny has lots to answer for on how we view menopause
- How rethinking menopause and ageing can re-frame our experience of both
Find out more about Darcey:
Darcey’s website: darcey-steinke.com | Instagram
Darcey’s book: Flash Count Diary: A New Story About the Menopause
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.