Episode 137: Being wiser about menopause with Tania Elfersy
Tania Elfersy is a transformative coach, speaker and award-winning author, specializing in midlife women’s health. She’s spent years researching what causes and what can relieve symptoms associated with perimenopause and menopause and became free of her own physical and emotional symptoms naturally and simply. Rachel quoted her extensively in her own book. Tania set up The Wiser Woman project in 2015 to help women transform their experience of midlife change. She’s the author of a brilliant new book, The Wiser Woman’s Guide To Perimenopause and Menopause.
We talk about:
- What lead Tania to the work she does
- How the body doesn’t malfunction suddenly in midlife
- The innate brilliance of the body and what that means for menopause symptoms
- The difference between how we respond to issues in pregnancy and menopause
- The importance of focusing on the emotional and spiritual side of the midlife journey
- The insight that allowed Tania to free herself from her own menopause symptoms
- The interplay between Mind, Thought and Consciousness
- Tania’s concerns about the narrative in the UK
- Difference between the UK menopause narrative and North America
- How women can best help themselves during midlife change
- Tania’s thoughts on the Davina McCall documentary Sex, Mind and the Menopause
You can find out more about Tania:
Tania’s website: thewiserwoman.com
Tania’s book: The Wiser Woman’s Guide To Perimenopause and Menopause
14 of Tania Elfersy podcasts interviews
Calm after the storm: perimenopause, menopause, the brain, HRT, dementia and Alzheimer’s
Menopause in the workplace: a podcast and call to action!
Davina McCall: sex, myths and the menopause
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!