Julia Brewer Daily wrote her first novel, No Names To Be Given, when she was over 50. This book was inspired by her own experience as an adopted child from a maternity home hospital in New Orleans. She’s also the host of the Authors Over 50 podcast. Her mission is to encourage those in mid-life and beyond to live their best lives in what she calls Life’s Sweetest Third. This is a fascinating conversation about what happened when Julia went looking for and started writing her story.
We talk about:
- The personal story behind Julia’s first book
- Julia’s experience of being adopted
- Why it took so long for Julia to write her book
- What it was like finding her birth family
- Learning about and beginning to understand her birth mother’s experience
- Julia’s writing process and her second book
- Julia’s podcast and mission
- How new writers can best get going
- What helps writers fulfil their dreams
Julia’s website: www.juliadaily.com
Why not explore more..
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!