Amanda O’ Brien became a full-time digital publisher in midlife, with four successful websites focusing on travel, pets and information. She’s a former marketing director at big corporations and an Australian who’s made London her home. She’s a boutique adventurer, and she’s visited over 70 countries on her travels.
We talk about:
- What it was like for Amanda to switch from marketing director to digital publisher in midlife
- How advertising network Mediavine works and its impact on website traffic and SEO
- Transitioning from marketing to digital publishing
- Amanda’s solo travel experiences and her advice for women
- Amanda’s experience of climbing Kilimanjaro
- The experience of feeling uncomfortable in traveling solo, but finding comfort in realizing that nobody notices or cares.
- What Amanda likes about being an Aussie in London
- Cultural difference between Australia and the UK
- Bhutan culture, tourism, and aging society
- Travel blogging, social media, and influencer marketing
- Midlife transitions, online presence, and networking
Why not explore more…
Alice Morrison has been described as ‘Indiana Jones for girls’. She‘s an adventurer who treks through the toughest of habitats.
Meet solo travel enthusiast and blogger, Deborah Ives, who’s passionate about encouraging and facilitating solo travel for women in midlife and beyond.
Meet Laura Galloway author of Dalvi: Six Years in the Arctic Tundra, a heart-rending memoir and a love letter to the landscape.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!