Episode 36: Pandemic pondering, solo with Rachel
I’m in a contemplative mood in this solo episode, pondering the implications of the Covid19 pandemic now, soon, and when this nightmare is finally over. I’m pondering:
- Life under lockdown
- How adaptable we actually are
- The stages of processing the new reality
- Grieving for the change to all our lives
- Finding purpose and fulfillment through picking up rubbish!
- Dog poo bags – a personal rant
- Doing Facetime with my mum and virtual Sunday lunch
- Appreciating those who look after us
- Reversing the racism that has come about from Brexit
- Protecting the vulnerable long termImagining a new ‘normal’
- Weakening the buying muscle
- Shifting priorities when big shit happens
- How acquiring stuff becomes less important
- Working from home now works so it should continue
- Getting excited about the possibilities for change
- We can take swift action to change the world when we need to
- The positive changes that have come from lockdown
- We’ve proved that we can live differently
- Being aware of how
- Covid19 will affect poor countries
- Seizing the opportunity to create a different world, a new ‘normal’
You may also read the summary transcription here.
To access the support resources mentioned in this episode go to https://magnificentmidlife.com/blog/
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.