Episode 44: Menopause, hormones and immune systems with Angela Counsel
An interview with Angela Counsel, naturopath, kinesiologist and mindset coach working particularly with women in midlife. Like me, she’s on a mission to spread the word that menopause doesn’t have to be a tough time in life, in fact, it can be a time of stepping into your wisdom and falling in love with yourself and your life. Today we’re talking about supporting hormonal balance and our immune systems particularly in response to Covid-19.
We talk about:
- How our jobs can impact our health
- How a miscarriage led Angela to study naturopathy
- The impact of stress on women’s bodies and how it can cause early menopause
- The importance of hormonal balance at all stages of our lives
- How it’s not normal to experience lots of symptoms around the time of menopause, if we do that means there are issues that need to be dealt with
- The many unnatural products in our lives that can impact our health
- The impact of stress on our immune systems and immune -related health issues
- If you struggle to get over a minor illness such as a cold then your immune system isn’t working properly
- Never getting sick is not necessarily a good thing either
- The body’s natural response to viral illness and how we can get in the way of that
- Our over reliance on taking a pill to get better
- Eating better, cleaner food to avoid pesticides
- Vinegar can help to remove waxy coatings on fruit and pesticides
- Eating organic if you can, especially if soft like broccoli and berries
- Stress, fear and toilet paper
- Alcohol, stress and the impact on menopause
- The impact of vitamin D levels on people’s Covid response
- Why Australia has coped comparatively well with the pandemic
- And lots more!
You may also read the summary transcription here.
Find out more about Angela
Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest| Youtube
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.