Episode 47: Learning to prioritize yourself with Linda McLean
An intimate chat with Canadian singer-songwriter Linda McLean, opening up about life, music, writing and what makes her tick as an older woman. This interview includes a reading from Linda’s forthcoming book all about making yourself the most important person in your life.
We talk about:
- Learning to prioritize ourselves and speak our truth
- The emotional power of music and words
- Going on new creative journeys as we progress through life
- Thinking about what really matters in life
- Taking up space in our own lives
- Fighting the cultural imperative for women to put others first
- How our life anchors can shift in midlife
- Learning to share our stories and acknowledge the impact those can have on others
- Moving on from a maternal role when children leave home
- Finding the spark in inter-generational sharing
- Rationalizing our many varied roles as women
- Thinking about what we’d do if we were to die tomorrow
- Learning to live in the moment and do what we most want to do
- Finding answers inside ourselves and taking responsibility for our lives
- Moving beyond victim-hood and acknowledging our power
- The importance of yoga and meditation in Linda’s life
- What it’s like being a touring musician
- The impact of Alexander Technique and getting more aware of posture
- How the body wants to fix itself and get us into balance
And lots more!
Be sure to check out Linda’s three beautiful albums on Spotify
Find out more about Linda:
Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Spotify
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.