Episode 53: Hot Flashes and Cool Topics with Colleen and Bridgett
Meet the co-hosts of the Hot Flashes and Cool Topics podcast, Colleen Rosenblum and Bridgett Biagi Garratt.
We talk about:
- Why they decided to start a podcast and how they came up with the name
- How we are set on a path of life and when we get to midlife, it gets a bit confused!
- How we need more of a sense of fulfilment in midlife.
- The benefits of having a supportive partner despite them not listening to their podcast!
- The importance of spreading the word about menopause and making it less taboo.
- Raising awareness of menopause in the workplace and in doctors’ offices.
- Differences in menopause awareness between the UK and the US.
- Getting menopause on the school curriculum in the UK.
- Trying to get a more positive perspective on menopause.
- Understanding that women’s sexual desire starts in the brain.
- Getting curious about what happens to women in midlife and through menopause.
- Reframing the conversation about midlife to the future rather than the past.
- The importance of looking forward rather than just backwards.
- Moving beyond the overwhelming impression of loss as we go through menopause.
- The huge benefits of being post menopause.
- The lessons they’ve learnt from doing their podcast.
You can find out more about the Hot Flashes and Cool Topics podcast:
Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.
Pin for later!