Episode 62: How to have a happy menopause with Jackie Lynch
Jackie Lynch is a Registered Nutritional Therapist who’s written a very interesting book called The Happy Menopause. It’s specifically about how nutrition can help us flourish and I just love the title Happy Menopause.
If you’d rather read a summary transcription of this podcast episode you can do that here.
We talk about:
- Why Jackie believes menopause is a transformational time in a woman’s life in a good way
- Estrogen as the biddable, nurturing hormone
- Why some women suffer badly in menopause and others don’t
- The massive importance of diet and lifestyle in midlife and beyond
- How the manner in which we lived when younger can impact our menopause experience
- The impact of stress and the myth of having it all
- How Rachel got her periods back after a diagnosis of early menopause
- The importance of maintaining stable blood sugar levels
- How the body produces stress hormones when blood sugar levels are not stable
- How menopause may not be to blame for what’s happening to us
- How our thoughts and beliefs can impact our experience of menopause
- The importance of eating more protein with every meal and snack
- Getting magnesium, calcium and iron from leafy green vegetables
- How phytoestrogens mimic the actions of estrogen in the body
- The wonder food that is flaxseed
- The physiological stress we can put on our bodies through diet and lifestyle
- Understanding whether HRT is right for you and how to balance that with diet and lifestyle
- HRT is not a quick solution and still needs a good diet for the best support
- How Rachel weaned herself off HRT at 51
- How just small nutritional changes can make a huge difference
- Jackie’s own midlife reinvention
Find out more about Jackie:
Listen to The Happy Menopause Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review
on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Pin for later!