Meet Alisoun Mackenzie, coach, author, retreat leader, yoga teacher and speaker amongst other things. She’s passionate about enabling all of us to make more of a difference in the world.
We talk about:
• How Alisoun went from finance to building schools
• Why our values get harder to ignore the older we get
• Learning to listen to our inner voice, that niggling feeling
• Making a difference as a white person without being a ‘white saviour’
• Questioning why you want to make a difference and where
• How to channel your passion to give back to the planet
• Having an extra layer of trauma when you’re childless not by choice
• Why Alisoun decided to become a yoga teacher
• How to always question yourself and constantly reinvent yourself
• Camper vans just might be the new trend
• Being strategic with your business’s fundraising
• How fundraising can be a powerful tool for yourself and others
• Making sure to always look after yourself
This website was mentioned: nowhitesaviors.org
You may also like to read: How To Avoid White Savior Complex and Why That’s Important
Find out more about Alisoun:
Alisoun’s website: alisoun.com
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review
on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Pin for later!