Episode 64: Making a difference in the world with Alisoun Mackenzie
Meet Alisoun Mackenzie, coach, author, retreat leader, yoga teacher and speaker amongst other things. She’s passionate about enabling all of us to make more of a difference in the world.
We talk about:
• How Alisoun went from finance to building schools
• Why our values get harder to ignore the older we get
• Learning to listen to our inner voice, that niggling feeling
• Making a difference as a white person without being a ‘white saviour’
• Questioning why you want to make a difference and where
• How to channel your passion to give back to the planet
• Having an extra layer of trauma when you’re childless not by choice
• Why Alisoun decided to become a yoga teacher
• How to always question yourself and constantly reinvent yourself
• Camper vans just might be the new trend
• Being strategic with your business’s fundraising
• How fundraising can be a powerful tool for yourself and others
• Making sure to always look after yourself
This website was mentioned: nowhitesaviors.org
You may also like to read: How To Avoid White Savior Complex and Why That’s Important
Find out more about Alisoun:
Alisoun’s website: alisoun.com
Alisoun’s books: Give to Profit, How to Grow Your Business by Supporting Charities and Social Causes and Heartatude, the 9 Principles of Heart-Centered Success
Facebook | Instagram | Linkedin | Twitter | Youtube
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review
on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.
Pin for later!