Episode 77: Triumph over adversity with Elizabeth Solaru
An interview with Elizabeth Solaru, the founder of Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium and maker of luxury wedding cakes. Elizabeth has a fascinating story to tell about multiple reinventions including a new one accelerated by the global pandemic. She’s the mistress of creating opportunity out of challenge.
We talk about:
- Elizabeth’s careers before cake-making
- Being a microbiologist and working for the health service
- The trauma of child loss
- Why Elizabeth went back to college to study for an MBA
- How she started headhunting while still studying
- Making the leap into luxury cake making
- Famous clients and exotic locations
- Coping during Covid when your business is wedding cakes
- Being open to possibility and curious about how to fix issues
- Feeling the fear and doing it anyway
Find out more about Elizabeth:
Her websites: Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium | Luxury Wedding Cakes London
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Pin for later!