Episode 86: I wrote a book! Solo with Rachel
A solo episode with Rachel talking about her just-published book, Magnificent Midlife: Transform Your Middle Years, Menopause and Beyond!
She talks about:
- The difficulties of writing a book
- Midlife as so much more than just menopause
- How once we get the messy stuff sorted, we can create a magnificent next chapter
- Why she wrote the book and what’s in it
- How her early menopause diagnosis became the catalyst for a whole new life
- A sneak peek at some of the content
- Understanding the hormonal fluctuations of perimenopause
- Coping with secondary infertility
- Learning about the impact of diet and lifestyle on hormonal balance
- How we might go about rebranding menopause
- The experience of women going through menopause in other cultures
- How ageism and the patriarchy effect our experience of menopause
- How ageism towards women is particularly bad in Anglo-Saxon cultures
- The range of things available to help our midlife transition
- The over-medicalization of menopause
- Negative language associated with menopause
- The possibilities menopause opens up for women
- Learning to see menopause as a gift
You can get your own copy of this life-changing book here.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.