Episode 87: Midlife women rock with Breeda Bermingham
Breeda Bermingham is a social entrepreneur, founder of the Midlife Women Rock Project and has just published a wonderful book Midlife Women Rock: A Menopause Story for a New Generation. She’s a former midwife and nurse so she knows a lot about women’s health. She also went back to full-time education at 49 and completed a psychology degree and a master’s in sociology. Pretty impressive huh!
This is a truly amazing conversation. Breeda moved me to tears with her wisdom and passion!
We talk about:
- Why Breeda wanted to write her book and is passionate about changing the current narrative around menopause
- Why it’s so important to change the narrative around menopause – puberty and pregnancy may be hard but the overarching narrative is positive – not so menopause
- The importance of crushing the taboo and opening up conversations
- How women have been silenced for too long
- The medicalization of menopause and the impact of the book Feminine Forever
- Breeda’s Menopause Cafes in Ireland
- The women interviewed for the book and the power of sharing experiences
- Going back to full time education at 49 and how Breeda coped with that
- How women can take more control of their menopause experience
- The importance of sleep for our long term health
- How amazing women are before, during and after menopause!
Find out more about Breeda:
Breeda’s website: midlifewomenrockproject.com
Breeda’s book: Midlife Women Rock: A Menopause Story for a New Generation
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!