Episode 89: Understanding our many hormones with Nicki Williams
Nicki Williams is a nutritionist, author, speaker, and women’s health expert. She’s the author of the excellent book, It’s Not You, It’s Your Hormones. We often focus mainly on our sex hormones, but there are lots more to consider, especially in midlife.
We talk about:
- How Nicki first got interested in hormones
- How unprepared she was for the changes of perimenopause
- Why we need to consider more hormones than just our sex hormones in midlife and beyond – we have over 100 hormones!
- The Feisty Four hormones that can cause us most trouble: cortisol, thyroid, insulin and estrogen
- The importance of diet and lifestyle
- How we can take better care of our hormonal balance
- The importance of stress management
- Looking after the gut and liver
- Why HRT may not be the panacea we want it to be in midlife
- Understanding our thyroid
- What to consider when things start to change in midlife
- How we tolerate certain things less well as we age
- Eliminating things like gluten and dairy short term to monitor any impact
- Being open to possibility and curious about how to fix issues
- Nicki’s 4 step happy hormone code
Find out more about Nicki:
Nicki’s website: happyhormonesforlife.com
Nicki’s book: ‘It’s Not You, It’s Your Hormones’
Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin | Instagram | YouTube
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.