Episode 90: Emotional eating and drinking with Vicky Midwood
Vicky Midwood is a health, nutrition and lifestyle coach who specializes in helping people with disordered eating or drinking. I know this is an issue for many women, especially as a coping mechanism in midlife, so I’m delighted to share Vicky’s wisdom and experience on tackling this.
We talk about:
- The difference between disordered eating and addictive behavior
- The common signs of disordered eating
- Vicky’s own story of disordered eating and addiction
- Why many of us use food and drink to help manage our stress
- The impact of Covid on addictive behavior
- Things that are common to sufferers
- The shame associated with eating disorders and addiction
- How to get off auto pilot when it comes to food and alcohol
- How to self soothe without food and alcohol
- Why balancing blood sugar levels is so important
Find out more about Vicky:
Vicky’s website: vickymidwood.com
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!