Episode 93: Mothers, daughters, estrangement and healing with Laura Davis
Trigger Warning: Sexual Abuse
Laura Davis is the author of 6 non-fiction books which have sold more than 1.8 million copies. She’s talking here mainly about her latest book, her first memoir: The Burning Light of Two Stars: A Mother-Daughter Story. I finished the book the day before recording, and was profoundly moved by it. I was also very tearful. I’m grateful to Laura for sharing her story and giving me the opportunity to read it. I recommend the book for all women as we’re all daughters. And many of us have people who we’d like to be closer to.
We talk about:
- Why Laura wrote this particular book
- The challenge of untying the mother daughter knot
- Digging deep to tell such a vulnerable story
- The impact of life trauma on women’s passion and purpose
- Coming to terms with life trauma
- Helping people heal from trauma and especially sexual abuse
- Coping with family estrangement
- What Laura has learnt about mother daughter relationships
- How Laura’s feelings towards her mother changed as she got older and sicker
- Laura’s advice for women when they lose their parents and mothers especially
Find more about Laura:
Laura’s website: lauradavis.net
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
Laura’s latest book: The Burning Light of Two Stars: A Mother-Daughter Story
Other books written by Laura Davis
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.