Episode 99: Upgrading the menopause conversation with Clarissa Kristjansson
Clarissa Kristjansson is a Mindfulness and Menopause expert, author of The Mindful Menopause, and host of the brilliant Thriving Thru Menopause podcast. She’s on a mission to change the way women approach menopause and aging. The last time we got together, we had such a brilliant conversation, on her podcast, I just had to share her with you. We both get quite hot under the collar about a lot of the same issues.
We talk about:
- How Clarissa got so passionate about menopause
- Why it’s so important to take a holistic approach to menopause
- The importance of mindfulness when it comes to a good menopause experience
- What annoys Clarissa about the prevailing narratives surrounding menopause
- The myths around menopause
- How women can be proactive and not just reactive about their menopause experience
- The use of data when it comes to menopause
- Understanding and contextualizing data presented
- Menopause at work
- Sexism and ageism and their insidious intersection
- The female brain drain in midlife
- Making work work better for women, especially older ones
- Clarissa’s top tips for thriving through menopause
Find more about Clarissa:
Clarissa’s website: clarissakristjansson.com
Clarissa’s book: The Mindful Menopause: The Secret to Balance, Vitality and Clarity Through The Change
Listen to her podcast: Thriving Thru Menopause
Organizations which have lists of produce most susceptible to hazardous pesticides mentioned on the podcast:
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.