Episode 14: Fighting fashion ageism with the-Bias-Cut founder Jacynth Bassett
Meet Jacynth Bassett, the founder of fabulous online fashion boutique, the-Bias-Cut, and an avid anti-ageism activist. She’s also still in her 20s but has a better handle on ageism than many women Rachel knows!
In this inspiring interview we talk about:
- Why Jacynth gave up a law career to set up her business
- How she came to be so interested in ageism
- How Jacynth was inspired by her mother
- The Ageism Is Never In Style campaign
- Why it’s so important to fight ageism especially in the fashion industry
- Why women of all ages should be able to wear whatever they like
- How damaging it is to judge how anyone chooses to age
- There’s no such thing as age appropriate when it comes to fashion and style
- Not succumbing to ageist narratives or any stereotypes
- Dressing to feel how you want to feel
- The importance of being open to new ideas with clothes as we age
And lots more!
Find out more about Jacynth and browse her wonderful store at the-Bias-Cut.com
Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode!