Episode 15: Reinvention through acupuncture with Elizabeth Temperley-Shell
Meet the very lovely and straight-forward Elizabeth Temperley-Shell who went from working in corporate design to retraining as an acupuncturist.
In this fascinating and inspiring interview we cover:
- How early menopause and infertility lead Elizabeth to acupuncture
- Why she embarked on a degree course in midlife
- How this choice means she will be learning forever!
- How changes including acupuncture lead to her being able to have a child
- How friends didn’t really understand her journey
- Why life is too short for plain biscuits – don’t settle for the boring
- How we only have one life and it’s important to do what we want with it
- Why beginning her study later in life actually made it less daunting
- How acupuncture can help with menopause because it’s all about restoring balance in the body
- Why looking after ourselves in midlife is key if we want to enjoy a long healthy life
- The concept of Yangsheng – living well and with balance
- The four elements of Yangsheng and why they are so important
- How Elizabeth doesn’t feel she needs to prove anything to anyone anymore
- 5 element acupuncture
- Tree bathing
And lots more!
Find out more about Elizabeth on her website https://www.temperleyacupuncture.com/
Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode!