I had such fun meeting Julia Frey and Sarah Auerswald, the co-presenters of Menopodcast. These two first met as children growing up on Maui. They moved to Los Angeles, worked in the film industry, set up businesses and are doing a massive job now raising awareness of menopause on their fabulously popular podcast. I’ve been a guest on their podcast three times! So it was lovely to turn the tables and find out about their midlife journeys. We had a lot of giggles. These two have so much wisdom and inspiration to share.
In this fabulous interview we cover:
- what it’s like hosting a podcast about menopause
- why they are so keen to raise awareness
- how it’s important to hear regular voices talking about menopause
- going through menopause with young children at home
- how the podcast grew out of blogging
- growing up on Maui and getting newspapers when someone flew in with one
- surprising things about menopause
- heart disease as the #1 killer of women
- negative stereotypes around menopause
- the opportunities of menopause
- that Fleabag scene
- giving zero fucks and how great that is
- the importance of getting and staying healthy
And lots more!
Find out more about Sarah and Julia and listen to the wonderful Menopodcast here.
Follow them on Facebook.