Episode 29: Leaving medicine for yoga with Nadine Kelly, Yogi M.D.
Nadine Kelly was a medical doctor for many years but gave it up to be a yoga instructor. She has a fascinating story to tell about why she did that and how she lives her life now.
In this inspiring and moving interview we talk about:
- Why Nadine moved from being a medical doctor to teaching yoga
- Building a different kind of life after leaving the system when medicine became more of a business
- How Nadine is driven by respect for elders and what they have brought to her life
- Taking a holistic approach to health and wellness rather than just focusing on curing illness
- Why Nadine now focuses her work on older people
- Combining medical knowledge with yoga practice to provide a well-rounded experience
- What Nadine liked about pathology
- Adapting a yoga practice to make it accessible for all bodies
- Slowing things down in all aspects of our lives
- Breaking the myths associated with doing yoga
- No pain no gain is nonsense, but no strain no gain makes sense
- The passion and importance of life-long learning
- Moving beyond limiting beliefs and letting go of perfectionism
- If you’re struggling with something, ask yourself what you’re trying to prove
- Learning to be enough
- Talking about death and grief with her friend
- How we can learn from everybody
- The power of diet and lifestyle changes in extending life with a cancer diagnosis
- Holding space and being present to enable someone to tell their story
- Wanting to help people and have an impact
- How we both hate small talk
- Ageing is a beautiful natural process and gifts come with time
- We short-change ourselves by not seeing the beauty of ageing
- What Nadine has learnt from podcasting
And lots more!
Find out more about Nadine: yogimd.net
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Find out how to leave a review here.