Episode 7: Travelling Solo With Deborah Ives
An interview with Deborah Ives, the solo traveler behind the travel blog, Solo in Style, who’s passionate about helping women, particularly in midlife and beyond, travel solo. She’s determined to show women there’s no need to be scared of solo travel and she has loads of great tips to share.
In this inspiring and highly informative interview we cover:
- How Deborah first started travelling solo and why
- How to travel solo without going on a tour
- How great things can come out of bad stuff
- The importance of a bit of courage and also having a plan
- That there’s no shame in travelling solo – it’s all about confidence and doing what you want
- How there’s no need to abandon your adventurous spirit just because you’re a little older
- That it’s easier to be adventurous when you’re away from home
- Moving beyond couple pricing
- Eating alone when on holiday
- Forcing yourself to keep getting out there to limit isolation
- The importance of friendship
- Why we can benefit from slowing down and not rushing around too much
This podcast is an extract from a longer video interview available in our Members Club.
Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode!