Episode 8: Staying fit and healthy long term with Lisa Swanson
An interview with Lisa Swanson, a certified health and nutrition coach, and personal trainer. She’s focused on helping women in midlife and beyond get and stay healthy long term.
In this inspiring and wide-ranging interview we cover:
- Why Lisa is passionate about helping women in midlife and beyond get health and fitness right
- How her business enables her to do her other passion – rescuing dogs!
- How diets don’t work and we should stop doing them
- Why it’s different for women in midlife when it comes to staying fit and healthy
- The other factors at play when it comes to taking care of ourselves
- How the menopause gets a bad rap for some of our midlife issues
- The importance of listening to our bodies
- Getting enough of the right balance of macro-nutrients
- Understanding the importance of muscle failure when doing weight lifting
- How Lisa’s anxiety was most helped by proper nutrition and exercise
- The dangers of a sedentary lifestyle
- The importance of having goals for your health and wellness
- Working out what lifestyle works for you
- Tracking your food and exercise
- How being busy shouldn’t be a badge of honor
- Coping with the current anger in the world
- How we need more yin energy in the world
- Challenging derogatory language such as song lyrics
- Making the most of an empty nest
- Lisa’s morning routine
And lots more!
If you like this episode you might like to check out Lisa’s Weight Loss Workshop in our Members Club. It includes a full resistance band workout. The Members Club is where you’ll get the support, strategies and connection you need to really make midlife and beyond magnificent.
Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode!