Meet Alexandra Boyd, a woman of many talents! She’s an actress, in Mr Holland’s Opus, Titanic, and Coronation Street to name just a very few, a screenwriter and film director, a video games icon, a singer, and a campaigner. She’s also been incredibly brave recently in her personal life for love!
We talk about:
- How she crossed the ocean for love in midlife
- How she made the decision to give up one life for another one
- What it’s like living in a mobile home in the woods
- Moving from being in front of the camera to behind it
- About her feature film Widow’s Walk and how that came to be made
- Basing her film in the county where she grew up – Suffolk
- How she secured Virginia McKenna in one of the lead roles
- Holding the film premiere at Bafta
- Championing other women in the film industry through her new foundation, Artemisia’s Daughters
Find out more about Alexandra:
Alexandra’s website: www.alexandraboyd.co.uk
Her foundation: www.artemisiasdaughters.org
Her film: Watch the trailer of Widow’s Walk here.
Watch the film on Amazon Prime:
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!