An interview with Lisa Swanson, a certified health and nutrition coach, and personal trainer. She’s focused on helping women in midlife and beyond get and stay healthy long term.
In this inspiring and wide-ranging interview we cover:
- Why Lisa is passionate about helping women in midlife and beyond get health and fitness right
- How her business enables her to do her other passion – rescuing dogs!
- How diets don’t work and we should stop doing them
- Why it’s different for women in midlife when it comes to staying fit and healthy
- The other factors at play when it comes to taking care of ourselves
- How the menopause gets a bad rap for some of our midlife issues
- The importance of listening to our bodies
- Getting enough of the right balance of macro-nutrients
- Understanding the importance of muscle failure when doing weight lifting
- How Lisa’s anxiety was most helped by proper nutrition and exercise
- The dangers of a sedentary lifestyle
- The importance of having goals for your health and wellness
- Working out what lifestyle works for you
- Tracking your food and exercise
- How being busy shouldn’t be a badge of honor
- Coping with the current anger in the world
- How we need more yin energy in the world
- Challenging derogatory language such as song lyrics
- Making the most of an empty nest
- Lisa’s morning routine
And lots more!
Find out more about Lisa: bodyandsoulcoaching.com
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review
on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!