Clare Fuller talks about the importance of later life planning and what that can look like. Clare is a Registered Nurse with 30 years’ experience in End-of-Life Care for which she is a Care Quality Commission Specialist Advisor. She campaigns for proactive Advance Care Planning and is the host of the Conversations about Advance Care Planning podcast. Most of us leave these tricky issues until it’s too late, whereas actually it’s never too early to start. None of us knows what tomorrow may bring. This is a powerful and inspiring podcast about the benefits of planning ahead.
We talk about:
- What inspired Clare to set up a new business at 50
- What a Lasting Power of Attorney is and why it matters
- What can happen if you don’t have a Lasting Power of Attorney in place
- How to make a Lasting Power of Attorney
- The binary attitude of living versus dying
- What Advance Care Planning is and the triggers for it
- Advice on starting important conversations about later life planning
- The difference between a Lasting Power of Attorney and an Advance Decision to Refuse Treatment (ADRT)
- What to do when people just don’t want to have the conversation
- Advice for families where there is conflict
Find out more about Clare:
Clare’s website: speakformelpa.co.uk
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening.