Sherry Sidoti is an author and a yogi. She recently published her first book, a memoir about her own healing journey, A Smoke and a Song. This is such a powerful and moving story highlighting how we can heal ourselves by exploring and accepting our experiences, and coming to terms with the past.
We talk about:
- What inspired Sherry to write her book
- Sherry’s journey to writing a memoir
- Sherry’s experience as a yoga teacher and how it has helped her learn to use language sparingly and effectively
- Writing a memoir with a focus on self-expression and ethical considerations
- How Sherry was able to write about trauma without triggering trauma
- Motherhood and healing generational trauma
- Using meditation and sensory awareness (five sense awareness) to access memories
- What it means to be living in the layers
- What it’s like living on Martha’s Vineyard
Sherry’s website: sherrysidoti.com
Sherry’s book: A Smoke and a Song: A Memoir
Why not explore more…
Julia Brewer Daily wrote her first novel when she was over 50 and is the host of the Authors Over 50 podcast.
Carolyn Birrell shares her own journey navigating her mother’s path into dementia, so that others may be better prepared.
A profound and deeply moving conversation with Laura Davis, author of The Burning Light of Two Stars: A Mother-Daughter Story.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!