My guest today is Ricki Heller, cookbook author, holistic nutritionist and anti-candida crusader. She’s the ultimate expert I reckon on making dietary restrictions work, whether because you have to for health reasons or you just want to. She’s completely plant based, sugar free and still eats the most amazing food. This episode covers a wide range of foods you may need or want to restrict in your diet: gluten, sugar, meat, dairy, processed food etc.
We talk about:
- Candida overgrowth, its causes, and symptoms
- Holistic vs allopathic medicine and their approaches to diet
- Nutrition and its lack of inclusion in western medical training
- The mysteries of the gut biome and its effects on the body
- Alternative eating methods, diets, and how to stick to them
- Sugar alternatives, such as coconut sugar, date sugar, monk fruit, and more
- Baking with alternatives, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free
- Junk food cravings, how and why they happen
- Emotional eating and its negative effects
- Menopause, dealing with it with a restrictive diet
- Making dietary restrictions including dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, while still being able to enjoy what you eat
- Halloween and ways that families prevent their children from eating too much junk
Find out more about Ricki:
Ricki’s website: www.rickiheller.com
You may download Ricki’s freebie here: Three Simple Shifts to Stay on Track Right Now
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!
Pin for later!