Dr Kristie Ennis is a physical therapist, nutritionist, and strength and conditioning specialist. She wants to empower people to do more than they think they can and realize they are stronger than they think they are. She has a fantastic YouTube channel, which is where podcast host Rachel found her when she injured her knee.
We talk about:
- The importance of letting the body heal itself
- Fascia and its importance in body movement
- The importance of drinking enough fluid
- The dangers of sitting too long
- Hormone related aches and pains in women
- The importance of considering the whole body when addressing pain
- How hormonal changes in menopause can contribute to weight gain and fat distribution
- Exercise and injury prevention for older adults
- Common injuries in older adults
- Strengthening the glutes
- Pelvic floor exercises and common mistakes in women’s fitness
- Fitness and nutrition for a healthy lifestyle
- Cardio exercise guidelines and options
Dr Kristie’s website: drkristieennis.com
Why not explore more…
Meet Tania Dalton, healthy aging coach and fitness trainer who’s passionate about redefining age and empowering women to embrace menopause.
Here are some of our best health and wellness podcasts to help you stay fit and healthy through midlife and beyond!
Niamh Daly is the founder of Yinstinct Yoga and is passionate about the transforming power if yoga especially during menopause.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!